Friday, February 12, 2010

Hello 2010 EER 500 intro early views

Well it's the beginning of a new academic year - hopefully my last year. I am now half way though my Masters of Education (Teacher Librarianship) having successfully completed ETL 401, 503, 501 and 504.

This session I am launching into EER500 - Introducation to Educational Research, INF506 - Social Networking for Information Professionals and starting ETL507 - Professional Experience/Portfolio (I'm doing the Melbourne study visit in April so at least I get some part of that subject completed in session 1.
Now for 500 - I've read through the subject outline that has a lot of informatioin about the study schedule and assessments. From what I've able to work out this subject prepares students to undertake their own educational research - "how to" design a research question and examines research issues such as ethical issues and paradigms of research. The subject sounds fascinating yet a bit daunting.

I hoping that I am right that a starting point is to find a recent (the last 2 or 3 years) media release, government report, or similar, relating to an area of interest  - for me my area will be on teacher librarianship so I'll start looking for material on libraries in schools.

I'll start my list of ideas:
  • implications of web 2.0 and the TLs role

No comments:

Post a Comment