Sunday, March 15, 2009

Inital Thoughts on the TL role at Start of MEdTL

After 3 weeks of study I suddenly had a thought that I had better jot down some of my initial ideas and thoughts of the role of a teacher librarian in secondary schools. I envisage that the role of a teacher librarian is a varied one. I look foward as I progress through this course and complete it at the end of 2010 I hope to see how my views of a TLs role has changed. In essence, this is what I believe that a teacher librarian should do in their daily jobs. This includes:
  • fascilitating and promoting information literacy among students (and staff) - I don't want to see students simply copying and pasting from the Internet
  • assisting students with their research both in print and online - I guess this ties in with the information literacy role
  • promote reading and a love of literature. I want to encourage students to read and to read more widely for pleasure and not just because they HAVE to read.
  • I am sure that there must be other jobs that TLs do. I look forward with anticipation, excitement and intrepidation to discovering more about the role of a TL - I have no doubts I have much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment