Friday, May 29, 2009

21st Century Teacher Librarian

How appropriate is this little video on the 21st Century Teacher Librarian on You Tube. I am really procrasting from completing my 503 Assignment 2, but with 2 sick children (with chicken pox!) and myself over the past 4-6 weeks I haven't had a chance to blog and find pertinent (oh, I never use this word before studying 503)videos on You Tube.
I found this video to really encapsulate the many and varied roles a TL plays in school libraries. It's not just helping students (and teachers) to be information literate, it's being aware of the so many forms of teachnologies that continue to emerge and that our students are exposed to and use daily. Hell, I haven't even thought about Twitter. I thought that I was good in getting my Facebook page up and running and this blog. There's probably so much more in this that just a couple of viewings doesn't do it justice.




2 comments:

L S said...

Hi Glenda,
Couldn't get the You Tube video to work.
Hope you and the kids are recovering from the chicken pox. It's head colds at our house. Think I have the assignment work out and then I don't. Hope it goes well for you!

Glenda said...

Hi Louise,
The You Tube video works for me. Perhaps you need to have some link to You Tube from your blog.

Post a Comment