What a reality check when my 503 assignment was returned. I remember feeling so sick with intrepidation in my stomach (as it was the day that my 401 Scholary Paper was due). A family friend opened the envelope and she read the comments to herself and said it sounded OK - the markers comments.
I plucked up the courage (with my heart in my mouth) and looked at the mark. 26.5/40 - at first I felt somewhat disappointed as I have always in my academic career set myself high expectations. At that point I realised what it was like to be a student again - the importance of appropriate feedback. I sat down looked at the marking sheet, then realised that I didn't do too badly at all. In actual fact my mark for this assignment just made it into the credit - that made me feel quite satisfied. I don't think I could have done much better - considering having to combine working 3 days, family commitments as well as studying 2 Masters level subects.
I recall what Roy Crotty said at the Sydney residential school. Most students end up recieving pass. Overall I think I did quite well and am now satisfied. Anyway the statistics that Ashley put out regarding Assignment 1 results indicate that the vast majority of students received between 20-29 marks, with a small number outside that range.
Now my mind turns to the 401 scholarly paper result. I hope I get a reasonable result so I keep my fingers crossed. Should have this mark back in two weeks I suspect. I think I'd cry, no howl endlessly, if I didn't pass an assignment.
No comments:
Post a Comment