Monday, April 6, 2009

Assignment 1 503

Having recently completed the first assignment for 503 - Collection Management - I feel a little overwhelmed by all the readings required in order to complete two subjects. I found it quite difficult to find the time to work 3 days a week, look after a young family, try and run a household, let alone STUDY. Somehow this first assignment was submitted on time. What a relief that was.

It is so good to know that I'm not the only one thinking and feeling the way I am - somewhat over burdened and pressured.

Anyway, 401 had been put on hold for about 2 1/2 weeks while I read, planned, wrote and completed the assignment requiring me resource a unit of work for 503. Consequently I am now so far behind in the readings for 401 that I'm practicing the art of skimming and scanning to get the most out of the readings. Closer attention to the reads and futher readings will be made in preparation for 401 assignment 1, which is looming in just over two weeks. EEEKKK!

Now I remember what it's like being a student again. It's so difficult when there appears to be various ways of interpreting assignment sheets and what's required. I tried to do what I tell my students - refer to the assignment sheet carefully and the assessment criteria to ensure I was on task and didn't leave anything out.

In completing my assignment I was way, way over the 2500 word limit. When I had completed the first draft I was 4000 and thinking how on earth do I drastically edit. After reading many, many drafts and having others look at my work for information that wasn't necessary I got the word count down to 2730 and what a relief that was.

It has been 10 years since I did my Grad Dip of Education. Writing academically a bit daunting, but I just had to put the head down and just write.

What a relief it was to hit that send button on EASTS. At that point there was nothing more I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment