Having read the introduction to this subject I immediately sense that this will be an exciting, useful and importantly INTERESTING subject to dig my teeth into. It is so highly relevant to teacher librarians as it covers how to search effectively for information using a range of information sources, in particular the web. This whole subject will help inform my practice as a teacher librarian as it will help consolidate my currently untrained ideas on effective search provision. My school does have access to online databases so hopefully this will help clarify my understanding of the need to learn how to use the features of databases for student and staff instruction.
What I look forward to most is becoming more knowledgable with EFFECTIVELY using search engines and to learning website evaluation criteria for using the web as a research tool. I hope that by the end of 501 I am able to create Pathfinders and Wikis for student use at my school. I am already familiar with blogging, but importantly to learn more about how it can be effectively used within the classroom.
Teacher Librarians play an essential role in the education of students. I hope to change perceptions held by school administrators and teachers that TLs are a valuable and rich asset to schools.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(139)
-
▼
July
(22)
- Collaborative decision making 504 reading 4
- Blogs in Plain English You Tube video
- Wikis in Plan English You Tube video
- Web Search Strategies in Plan English 501
- Decision Making & Problem Solving 504 Reading 3
- ABC Radio Interviews role of teacher librarians
- Evaluating Websites 501 - Herring chapter 3
- Learning About Search Engines - Topic 3 501
- What is Leadership? 504
- Effective Search Strategies Topic 3 501
- My opinion of Wikipedia Topic 2 501
- Reference material & reference interview - Topic 2...
- Initial Thoughts 501 Information Environment
- The 12 Quality Principles - quality management rea...
- Tribus, quality management in education 504
- Donham 2005 - TL and leadership 504 Reading 1
- Initial thoughts on 504 course
- 401 Teacher Libraran Bibliography
- 21st Century pedagogy
- Web 2.0 & pedagogies
- Blogging in the classroom
- 503 & 401 passed what a relief
-
▼
July
(22)
No comments:
Post a Comment