Thursday, August 13, 2009

Group 31 collaboration & teamwork 504

After taking the initiative and organising the first meeting of Group 31 - Robynne, Christine & Rebecca and myself - for Monday August 10 (via our group's interact site) the 'meeting' itself was a complete success. Considering that none of us knew each other and this was the first time we'd had contact and communicated with each other it was pleasing to brainstorm a few ideas. For this first 'meeting' we communicated via the group's chat room. I remember making a comment at how strange this kind of conferencing was, you'd be typing away at a response and another person had typed in something different. It was all fun though. As a group, I felt we had the confidence in each other to get the job done well - we all seemed to be on the same wave length in terms of which learning objective to pursue in order to create a more defined topic at a later meeting.

After discussing each of the learning outcomes it was virtually a unanimous decision to pursue learning outcome 2 - leadership and decision making in relation to the teacher librarian's role in the school. It was a broad topic that I felt that all four of us were confident in getting a good grasp of.

I must say that the hour or so that we were conferencing was very productive, after the initial hellos it was down to business. As a group we'd decided that to complete a PowerPoint for our assignment and to utilise Google Docs for collaborating on the project and making changes.

For obvious reasons I don't want to disclose too much in terms of our general topic - I'll leave all that sort of information out of my posts - just general thoughts and impressions on the collaborative process.

It was good to see the group decide that further research was needed in preparation for the next 'meeting' on Thursday 13th August at 8pm. We've all got Skype connected, so we're going to test out the conferencing conferencing function of it. I'm looking forward to moving further ahead with this assignment. I felt after our first meeting very confident that our group can work together well to complete this task well.

Following the meeting I immediately downloaded Google Docs, in readiness for us to get stuck into this assignment and to "blow Roy's mind away" with our presentation.

Hopefully I'll pep up a bit more before tonight's 2nd meeting. I've been sick the last 2 days with Tonsillitis and some sort of other infection. My neck glands are like golf balls (you can see them bulging out of my neck, no wonder it hurts so much just to move my head). I've been in bed all of yesterday, so now with my day's sick leave I need to get and do some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment