I must say that our Group 31 - Robynne, Christine, Rebecca and myself - are working really well as a team to nut out this first assignment. I am so grateful to be in a group that is really working towards the one goal - we're all still on the same page and everyone is putting in a big effort, even at this early stage (and despite the fact that we are all studying 501 as well). As a team I really feel confident that we are working well towards completing this task.
Last night we communicated using Skype conferencing - it's so much better than typing away like we did during the first meeting through our group's chat room. In our hour-long meeting we were able to come up with a bit more of a rough topic, confirmed our target audience and our desire to create our assignment using PowerPoint. Each one of us had insightful input into the discussions about a potential topic. Through a more in depth and informed brainstorm thanks to completion of more Readings. Yesterday I used the CSU database to find some articles that might be of relevance to our topic and uploaded these into our Resources folder for everyone to read at some stage. I noticed that Rebecca added some articles she has found and added them too. As a group we decided to use the group wiki to plan our assignment and to write notes of our meetings. This morning Robynne added a really detailed summary of our meeting ideas.
I am lucky to be in such a good group.
Teacher Librarians play an essential role in the education of students. I hope to change perceptions held by school administrators and teachers that TLs are a valuable and rich asset to schools.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(139)
-
▼
August
(25)
- Skype meeting 5 504 Teamwork
- Group 31 skype meeting 4 504
- What Have I learnt about Communication & conflict ...
- Hargraves & Fink 504 Sustaining Leadership
- Cheng Reading 7 504, leadership & strategy
- Barnett, McKowen & Bloom Reading 504 A school w/o ...
- Beck & Yeager Reading 6, teamwork & leadership
- Law & Glover, reading 5 504, teamwork
- Effective Search Strategies Berger article 501 top...
- My learnings about Leading 504
- Group 31 Skype meeting 3 504
- Students to dump textbooks for e-books
- Hough & Paine Collaborative decision making readin...
- Topic 1 Organisational Theory thoughts
- Organisational Theory &, Burdekin article & group ...
- Change and organisational theory 504
- Wikipedia article in Guardian newspaper UK Topic 2...
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Web Searches Topic 3 501
- Learning & Teaching Bloom's Taxonomy topic 1 501
- Meeting 2 for Group 31 Skype - 504
- Group 31 collaboration & teamwork 504
- Fullan chapter 1 leadership change 504
- Decision Making & problem solving Harvey, Bearley ...
- Bennett article reading 2 504 organisational theor...
- Wiki with Web 2.0 Tools
-
▼
August
(25)
No comments:
Post a Comment