Friday, August 14, 2009

Learning & Teaching Bloom's Taxonomy topic 1 501


I found it really interesting to revisit Bloom's Taxonomy in topic 1. I was able to consider a new way of thinking about Bloom's Taxonomy in information skills context. Prior to covering this in the course I probably wouldn't have remembered to refer to Bloom's Taxonomy, but it really makes sense as that this course relates to meeting the information needs of students (and teachers). By considering the different kinds of information resources that might be answered at each level of Bloom's Taxonomy. Above is a graphic of the new and old Booom's Taxonomy.


The following link (as from the 501 Module) provides a fuller explanation of Bloom's Taxonomy:
http://www.teachers.ash.org.au/researchskills/dalton.htm


In terms of resource provision and Bloom's Taxonomy Fiona Jones had a nice example (I don't want to reinvent the wheel) on her blog A Reader's Random Ramblings ...
http://readersrandomramblings.blogspot.com/


  • When asked for a simple definition of a term (knowledge), a dictionary might be all that's required, but when asked to make an assessment on a complex issue (evaluate), students will need a variety of resources including encyclopedias, journal/newspaper/magazine articles, TV/DVD programs, websites, diagrams/graphics, info from government agencies or special interest groups, pamphlets/fact sheets, statistics, literature, non-fiction books, primary sources such as people, kits and digital learning objects such as from The Learning Federation ...

No comments:

Post a Comment