Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Group 31 skype meeting 4 504

Our 5th Group 31 meeting was on Monday night - our fourth skype meeting. It had been a week since we'd last made contact - to give us time to absorb Roy's feedback on our group assignment. We really needed time to refine the topic and make it more precise. As individuals my group members were a little hesitant with the group/collaborative task. But I really think our ideas and topic are coming together nicely.

It was great to have complete agreement among all four group members in relation to our progress. We noted that while some groups had commenced preparing their PowerPoint, we were satisfied that getting a good understanding and clarity on our topic and research was more important. Coming to a consensus on this was no problem. I feel that it is important not to rush ahead without doing the necessary preparation and research.

In our discussion which was almost two hours long - if only we had an accurate means to log our Skype calls. We're really working as a team. After much discussion and input from everyone we came up with a more focused topic. This whole process reminded me of Tuckman's team development model (1965: p. 75) - forming, storming, norming, performing and adjourning. I think now we are in the norming stage - I don't sense there was any of the storming stage. There was much formulating of the topic and clarifying our ideas and how it could be relevant to principals. We all decided that we would sift through more material scan (what's required) and then upload journal articles we'd each found into our group's resources folder. I thought it would be a good idea to create individual folders so we could upload each other's material in there. This process would allow us to see each other's material and make decisions ourselves. This way we can see the articles the other group members are talking about.

Our next Skype meeting is on Thursday 8pm. Had better get back to doing a detailed plan for 501 and writing the intro tonight. I HOPE to start sifting through my material and uploading to the group's resources folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment