Sunday, August 23, 2009

What Have I learnt about Communication & conflict resolution

So what have I learnt about Communication and conflict resolution so far in this 504 TL as Leader subject.

Communication & Conflict resolution
A culture of open communication and collaboration must be fostered in schools. It is not something that naturally exists but when it is successful everyone benefits. Good communication involves active listening and knowing what is relevant. It involves empathy and understanding of those you are communicating with. Sometimes it involves negotiation and conflict resolution. TLs work with the entire school community so they need excellent communications and negotiations skills. Having an appreciation and embracing of diversity is essential.

I used to think that conflict was in fact bad stirring up negative emotions and behaviours, but it is the complete opposite when it is handled effectively. Effective conflict resolution can be a positive experience, motivating change and providing opportunities for personal growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment