Having almost finished 2 subjects (hopefully!) of a Master of Education (Teacher Librarianship) I am now finding the pleasure of blogging. At the start of the course when it was introduced that a blog is required I was not sure how I would maintain the blog - by that I mean actually use it. For quite a while I found it difficult to find the time to blog my thoughts in relation to 401 and 503. I was at first not really sure of the reasons behind using the blog other than to record my teacher librarianship journey.
I now understand why the 401 lecturers have insisted on the blog - not only for the portfolio subject that will be done next year but to ensure that TL students actually become experienced in using blogs as a form of Web 2.0 technology.
Over the last couple of weeks I have really found that blogging is actually an excellent way to record my ideas and thoughts in relation to information literacy in particular. I have found it so useful to put links on my blog for different areas of teacher librarianship from newspapers, blogs and websites in the hope that they might be useful some day or perhaps for one of the upcoming assignments for future subjects within the MEdTL. I wish I had thought of this earlier. In fact, I mentioned to my TL in training colleague that we should introduce a library reading program blog for our Year 7 and 8 classes for students to have the opportunity to engage them in using Web 2.0 technologies - this is one area that my school seriously lacks in and that we are SOOOO far behind. The students could choose to write their reading reflections on books they've read in their blog rather than record it in their reading journals (workbooks). Hopefully this will engage them more too in reading and get the boys excited about blogging their reflections. I hope to also encourage staff to contribute to the blog as well and make comments to students.
Teacher Librarians play an essential role in the education of students. I hope to change perceptions held by school administrators and teachers that TLs are a valuable and rich asset to schools.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(139)
-
▼
June
(23)
- ETL401 Part C - Critical Synthesis of my Journey
- When Buffy Meets Edward Cullen
- Starting to break through the TL barriers
- No Cookies in the Library
- I Am Starting To Like Blogging
- Information Literacy presentation Eisenberg
- Herring's PLUS model information literacy
- SLAV Ross Todd presentation
- information literacy and Big6 video
- 401 Big6 model - Eisenberg's article 2008
- 401 Think of information literacy as a hand
- 401 Joy McGregor article on information literacy
- Kuhlthau's ISP model
- Libraries the 'hip' place to be - Sunday Age article
- Henri's ILSC & implications for TLs
- information literacy introduction
- Information literacy initial thoughts
- 401 Information literacy
- 401 Information literacy
- Information literacy research & information proces...
- On borrowed time? TLs a dying breed
- 503 Collection Management Policy assignment
- Book now: Libraries still popular
-
▼
June
(23)
No comments:
Post a Comment