I am so relieved that I am starting to change the perception of the TL's role at my school. Having almost completed the Portfolio assessment task for 401 Teacher Librarianship I, and my colleague, are starting to break through the TL barriers that has existed at our school in terms of information literacy instruction.
With the support from the English co-ordinator and College Librarian, we will be from Semester 2 in the Years 7 and 8 reading program be integrating information literacy into the course. Every 3 weeks we will be conducting an information skills/literacy lesson in the hope that our students will at least learn there's more to researching than just relying on the Internet. The other two weeks will be reading lessons.
Teacher Librarians play an essential role in the education of students. I hope to change perceptions held by school administrators and teachers that TLs are a valuable and rich asset to schools.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(139)
-
▼
June
(23)
- ETL401 Part C - Critical Synthesis of my Journey
- When Buffy Meets Edward Cullen
- Starting to break through the TL barriers
- No Cookies in the Library
- I Am Starting To Like Blogging
- Information Literacy presentation Eisenberg
- Herring's PLUS model information literacy
- SLAV Ross Todd presentation
- information literacy and Big6 video
- 401 Big6 model - Eisenberg's article 2008
- 401 Think of information literacy as a hand
- 401 Joy McGregor article on information literacy
- Kuhlthau's ISP model
- Libraries the 'hip' place to be - Sunday Age article
- Henri's ILSC & implications for TLs
- information literacy introduction
- Information literacy initial thoughts
- 401 Information literacy
- 401 Information literacy
- Information literacy research & information proces...
- On borrowed time? TLs a dying breed
- 503 Collection Management Policy assignment
- Book now: Libraries still popular
-
▼
June
(23)
No comments:
Post a Comment