Sunday, June 21, 2009

Information Literacy presentation Eisenberg

Thanks to Barbara Braxton for passing on this link about Michael Eisenberg's webcast Information Literacy: The Most Basics of Basics. It is a comprehensive overview of essential skills for the information age, current information literacy challenges, and opportunities for educators. Eisenberg highlights his ideas with reference to the Big6, but as a backgrounder to what informaiton literacy is and its importance in the curriculum. Barbara Braxton says that Eisengerg argues that the 3 Rs need to be extended to 4 Rs to encompass research and he demonstrates just how critical information literacy is.

The webcast was presented at the first Your School Library online conference, "Transforming School Libraries with Web 2.0," June 2009 (34 mins.) on information literacy.

http://uweoconnect.extn.washington.edu/publicmbeinfolit/

I'm sure this this link about informaiton literacy will come in handy some day. Again a big thank you to Barbara Braxton for sharing this link. I appreciate it greatly.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Wow - you have found heaps of good stuff on information literacy. I bet your assignment will be fabulous!

Glenda said...

Fiona, we'll see. I still have to put pen to paper (or should I stay start typing away) yet for the 750 words. Thanks for the encouragement.

Post a Comment