I just had to include this fabulous Sesame Street clip featuring Cookie Monster with many thanks to Roy Crotty for posting the link to this You Tube clip. In the context of studying this teacher librarianship I am sure that having a reference to this clip might come in handy one day for some kind of introduction to library PD.
While watching this video a second time I was able to see the funny side. Cookie Monster reminds me of some of the boys who come into the library at school (secondary) just by reference to the questions they ask and some of their behaviour. I must admit that the 'librarian' in the clip is very much like the stereotypical view of librarians that lose their cool when people just don't get it.
What an enjoyable little clip with the quirky ending.
Teacher Librarians play an essential role in the education of students. I hope to change perceptions held by school administrators and teachers that TLs are a valuable and rich asset to schools.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(139)
-
▼
June
(23)
- ETL401 Part C - Critical Synthesis of my Journey
- When Buffy Meets Edward Cullen
- Starting to break through the TL barriers
- No Cookies in the Library
- I Am Starting To Like Blogging
- Information Literacy presentation Eisenberg
- Herring's PLUS model information literacy
- SLAV Ross Todd presentation
- information literacy and Big6 video
- 401 Big6 model - Eisenberg's article 2008
- 401 Think of information literacy as a hand
- 401 Joy McGregor article on information literacy
- Kuhlthau's ISP model
- Libraries the 'hip' place to be - Sunday Age article
- Henri's ILSC & implications for TLs
- information literacy introduction
- Information literacy initial thoughts
- 401 Information literacy
- 401 Information literacy
- Information literacy research & information proces...
- On borrowed time? TLs a dying breed
- 503 Collection Management Policy assignment
- Book now: Libraries still popular
-
▼
June
(23)
No comments:
Post a Comment