Thanks to Ruth Buchanan who referred this link from her Skerricks blog - http://skerricks.blogspot.com/
The text below is taken from the creator's YouTube description from this clip. It's so hilariously funny and creative. I thought if I don't link it now I might forget about where to find it. Twilight is so popular at my all-boys secondary school in Melbourne. There's not a copy of any of the books in the series on the shelf. Mind you we have four copies of each book.
In this remixed narrative, Edward Cullen from the Twilight Series meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's an example of transformative storytelling serving as a pro-feminist visual critique of Edward's character and generally creepy behavior. Seen through Buffy's eyes, some of the more sexist gender roles and patriarchal Hollywood themes embedded in the Twilight saga are exposed - in hilarious ways.
Teacher Librarians play an essential role in the education of students. I hope to change perceptions held by school administrators and teachers that TLs are a valuable and rich asset to schools.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(139)
-
▼
June
(23)
- ETL401 Part C - Critical Synthesis of my Journey
- When Buffy Meets Edward Cullen
- Starting to break through the TL barriers
- No Cookies in the Library
- I Am Starting To Like Blogging
- Information Literacy presentation Eisenberg
- Herring's PLUS model information literacy
- SLAV Ross Todd presentation
- information literacy and Big6 video
- 401 Big6 model - Eisenberg's article 2008
- 401 Think of information literacy as a hand
- 401 Joy McGregor article on information literacy
- Kuhlthau's ISP model
- Libraries the 'hip' place to be - Sunday Age article
- Henri's ILSC & implications for TLs
- information literacy introduction
- Information literacy initial thoughts
- 401 Information literacy
- 401 Information literacy
- Information literacy research & information proces...
- On borrowed time? TLs a dying breed
- 503 Collection Management Policy assignment
- Book now: Libraries still popular
-
▼
June
(23)
1 comment:
LOL I saw this one too!
Post a Comment