Today I received my 501 Assignment 1 website evaluation task not via post but by email from James Herring. He'd marked my assignment, along with a few others, online. That explains why my assignment hasn't been marked returned on EASTS. I was starting to get worried that I might have done such a poor job that it was being investigated for some reason. The mind does some strange things at times.
Anyway, I really happy with my mark. Not a HD, and James didn't say it was "bland" like he had done to two people I know of. Mine was very good but at times was "inconsistent". I needed to ensure I discuss more about the variety of students in the class and ensuring resources are selected for the various abilities within the class. So I've made a note on my assignment 2 pathfinder evaluation to make sure I hone in on this area.
What really impressed me is that James Herring actually marked all but 20 assignments. I feel the outside markers sometimes don't really know what's being said on the forums (they're a bit out of the loop). I don't mean out of the loop in TLship but just in terms of the course requirements. I think they're a bit harsh. So far when Roy Crotty marked one of my assignments and now James Herring I feel they're really understanding my thoughts and perspectives.
Now onward and forward, now that I have some good direction and confidence with getting through this subject.
Well, how's my pathfinder going for assignment 2. I think my pathfinder on volcanoes is going very well. I'm using PB Works, such a simple wiki application to use. This is the first assignment in this course that I'm really enjoying. I'm getting through this task quite quickly just now have to get the 15 annotated resources into the pathfinder.
Ok, must go and finish putting my resources in.
Teacher Librarians play an essential role in the education of students. I hope to change perceptions held by school administrators and teachers that TLs are a valuable and rich asset to schools.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(139)
-
▼
October
(33)
- Significance of Communication to effective leadership
- Active listening conflict resolution
- Conflict Resolution and TLs 504
- Relating conflict resolution relate to TLs 504
- Reflections on communication readings 504
- My learnings about Communication, organisational t...
- Conflict resolution for assignment 2
- Leadership realisation 504
- Topic 6 501 School library website
- Website Evaluation Criteria 501
- Alexander & Tate 501 website evaluation article
- 501 Information Environment bibliography
- Collection Management bibliography 503
- Leadership summary of good qualities 504
- Fullan Sharing Knowledge 504
- Leadership as Practice 504 Sergiovanni 2005
- Leading From the Middle: Influence, Power & Partne...
- Quality Leadership summary 504
- ICT and Teachers 504
- Fullan Complexity & change process Reading 9
- Welch 504 reading 15 Groundwork: Situation analysis
- Conflict resolution and problem solving 504
- Burdenuk Leadership and TL 504
- What Is Leadership? 504
- Fullan Chapter 3 more thoughts leadership styles
- Thoughts about Leadership styles Fullan Ch 3 Refle...
- Teacher Librarians as Agents of Change 504
- Fullan Chapter 3 Understanding Change 504
- Henri. Thinking Leadership 504 Reading ?
- Moral Purpose & Schools Fullan Ch 2 504
- Fullan Chapter 2 - Moral Purpose
- Unintentional Communication & Moral Purpose 504
- 501 website evaluation assignment return
-
▼
October
(33)
1 comment:
hello Glenda
Mine was one of the bland ones haha ;)
I hope my next assignment isn't so bad! Really though I am happy to pass, but credits would be nice :D
Post a Comment