Thursday, October 29, 2009

Relating conflict resolution relate to TLs 504

The main idea I think is to base what I am learning about conflict resolution on the leadership role of a teacher librarian. I am going to try to start tying things into this topic. Over the next series of blogs about conflict resolution, I hope to further my learning and develop my ideas on conflict resolution and the teacher librarian.

The role of the teacher librarian has been changing recently. They are expected to do a lot more and be involved in a variety of different aspects of the school. There are many opportunities for tls to communicate with the many different members of the school community. Some of these meetings occur daily, and others more sporadically.

Different ways a tl communicates:

  • A TL communicates with students daily. It may be a whole class, small group, individual students. The level of communication changes according to the situation. Conflict may arise in any of these interactions. A TL may need to help children to resolve conflict with each other, or possibly between a student/group of students and the tl.

  • a TL interacts with other teachers on a daily basis. These interactions can take many forms. It may be a passing conversation where a teacher asks for help or an opinion on using the library or its resources; during a collaborative meeting with one or more teachers;as part of a curriculum meeting;during a staff or morning communication meeting;if they are on the executive communication will occur during these meetings; between a tl and the Principal over funding, money allocation, things happening in the library etc. I am sure there are many more that I have failed to mention. Conflict can arise in all of these interactions, possibly more so than when communicating with students.

I will now endeavour to read on and see if I can put some structure and relevance into my learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment